Employers obstruct fair wage negotiations during recruitment
Unfair firms omit salary ranges in job adverts then ask questions about pay history and pay expectations without being upfront first.
- Auditor General South Africa
- Appoint Africa
- Callforce Recruitment
- City of Tshwane
- Competition Competition South Africa
- East Coast Radio
- Help2Read – NGO
- Herbert Smith Freehills
- Get Smarter
- Kagiso Media
- Kelly Recruit SA
- Nurturing Futures
- People Solved Recruitment
- O’Brien Recruitment
Listed firms ignore Constitutional fairness and the Competition Act.#PaySlipBanSA
They do one or all of the following:
- pay is secret in job adverts, they don’t include a specific pay range nor refer you to a compensation policy tabling pay scales
- recruiters contact job applicants to ask about pay expectations without being upfront about the salary for the vacancy
- firms demand payslips and cost to company information from job applicants
- unfair firms remove applicants if they refuse to divulge their pay expectations, pay history and payslips.
Sponsor our campaign here, help us create the process for change to close the inequality gap in SA.